Wednesday 26 March 2008

London City Airport


Next Monday I'm going to London to have some days of holidays. I have already been to London once, but I flew there via Stansted airport. This time I'm going to one of the most curious airports I know of, the London City Airport. The weird thing of it is that it is right in the middle of the city, but not because the city has grown around it but because it was build there on porpoise. It is located by the Thames river and it is surrounded by water as you can see on the aerial picture provided. In addition to that, the runway is so short that only small planes are allowed to operate. Plus flights only run during the day to allow the neighbors of the surroundings to sleep calmly. I am looking forward to see it.


Mostra un mapa més gran

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it isn't dangerous?