Saturday 15 March 2008

I wish Vermeer, Dalí or Durero where alive

Nowadays artists have a range of creative possibilities greater than ever before in history, and not only because of the bigger individual liberties, but because of the growing range of techniques available. I keep thinking that if the greatest painters of history where alive today they would be able to do even more amazing things than when they were alive. It's a pity they have already kicked the bucket, because I'm sure they would freak us out with their creations. Anyway, nowadays there magicians of the Photoshop, the Fash or even the Paint(!) who will amuse us with their creations, and thanks to computing they can record their creative process to our enjoyment.

I cannot avoid showing three of my favourite paintings of all time, the geographer of Vermeer, the Christ of Dalí (which I happily admired when I went to Glasgow)and the Rhino of Durero:





An here comes the techno-artits, in this order, a master of the Photoshop which shows us how to draw Spiderman 3, a master of Flash which animates a Scene from the movie 300 and a master of Paint that draws a Subaru Impreza:




1 comment:

Samu said...

Saludos Geodude!!!!

Esperaba más incendiario este blog, jejeje....

Ale!
A seguir asín!